KZN Learning Clan
Volunteering & Crew
The Learning Clan is a co-created village where we take care of community essentials ourselves.
Volunteering our help is something everyone does, ensuring a better place to live for all.
Things like helping newcomers understand the Talent Exchange, keeping the village pretty and the workshop venues tidy, sweeping the acorns from the dance-floor, watching out for possible intruders or odd behavior, keeping an eye on the children, being ready to help if someone gets injured, remove anything dangerous in the walkways… that kind of thing.
If you see something that needs taking care of, please take care of it, or come to Base Camp and let the crew know.
This would mean joining one of these teams for daily shifts:
- gate duty – welcoming arrivals and checking tickets
- swim watch – keeping an eye on kids in the water
- night patrols – ensuring all is well, fire safety and boiler stoking
- wood collection – for the shower boiler and fire pits
- recycling – help at the lively waste management depot
- info desk – explaining the lay of the lands to newcomers
And of course, as groovy clanners, we all know that we…
The way it works is the same at most festivals. You need to pay for a full ticket and once you have served your 8 hours we will refund half your ticket.